Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's the Little Things

Three days ago it was 120 degrees. Today it's overcast, cool and sprinkling! Just when I think I can't stand southern California any more, we get a break.

This weekend, I'm back to writing. The cooler weather has revived me and I think I just might live.

Of course, we have to go shopping first. It's payday weekend and the first Friday of the month is our "splurge" day. My man and I eat out and spend the day window shopping. I hate shopping, but he loves it. He turns into a little boy excited at the newest Star Trek phaser or the latest Firefly replica, and that makes it fun for me. There's a Star Trek exhibit in Riverside. I'm going to take him there as a surprise. He'll be in heaven.

And at the end of the day, I get to go to the bookstore! And buy books!

WOO-HOO!

It's the little things in life that sometimes bring the most joy.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so important to hold onto nostalgic things that make you happy! Star Trek... not my thing. But if I come across any old swag with the Crest of Hyrule on it, and I'm giddy as a schoolgirl.

    ReplyDelete